Clayton Village was established in 1836 in Lenawee County, Territory of Michigan. It is half in Hudson Twp. and half in Dover Twp., the dividing line being State St. running north and south through the middle of Clayton. Clayton is north of W. Carleton Rd. (M34) and south of Cadmus Rd. The intersection of W. Carleton Rd. (M-34) and State St. (north side)/Morey Hwy. (south side) has a flashing traffic signal and is the north terminus of M-156 which runs to Morenci and becomes OH-108 when it crosses the state line. Cadmus Rd. north of Clayton runs east to M-34 (flashing traffic signal) near the unincorporated Village of Cadmus. The selling points of Clayton are life in a quiet, rural, crossroads village (Pop. 340) that has more infrastructure than expected, is near several good transportation routes and a number of country amenities.
Village Infrastructure, Highways, and Country Amenities:
- Variety of homes in many styles, sizes and ages with properties ranging from small yards to acres
- Clayton Fire Department, US Post Office, Clayton Branch Library, village park, small businesses, churches
- Near M-34, M-156, US-127, US-223, and not too far from US-12, M-50, M-52 and US-20 (Ohio)
- Hudson, Morenci, Adrian, Tecumseh, Hillsdale, and Jackson are all within a reasonable drive/commute. Brooklyn, MI, and Wauseon/Archbold, OH are within range.
- Near Lake Hudson State Recreation area and not far from Bear Creek Hunt Club, Pittsford State Game Area, Somerset State Game Area, Devils Lake/Round Lake/Manitou Beach, the Irish Hills and Michigan International Speedway.
Hudson Area Schools is the resident district. Michigan is a "School of Choice" state. Participation in choice programs is optional for districts. The degree and extent of participation are also determined at the local level. Ask your REALTOR® at The Wagley Group for more information.